Dog Diary Site/Getting Familiar with JavaScript

I'm working on a little site (could turn into an app if it's not one already) that I've been calling Dog Diary, one place to add, update, and see any important pet reminders. For context, I have two lovely pets and work a full-time job. I'm pretty good at remembering things but sometimes I just have so much on my mind that I forget what I've already done. My daily routine has been that as soon as I get home I feed Autumn (my cat) then take Ivory (my dog) on a walk. However, recently when I came back from a walk, Autumn began following me and I couldn't remember if I'd fed her so I fed her again. I thought to myself, "it'd be nice if I had a place to log if and when I'd fed my animals." 

I also have a friend who has 2 dogs and 2 cats that have each needed some form of medication taken at specific times, not to mention the individual dosages. She said that it was a lot for her to keep track of and she was worried about forgetting a step. 

So, I got the idea to create a space that lets you create a "page" or account for each pet and set custom reminders. It's a lofty idea but very fun and scalable, I think. I'd also like the pet info to be stored on a database and searchable so that everyone within the family can see that their pet was fed or took their medicine or even dog sitters can check and update pet needs.

Anywho! Here is the login page :) I'm creating a image carousel on the bottom but I will get into that and the actual code on another post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bootcamp Update

Programming Journey: Humble Beginnings